OSHA and the state of Florida require employers protect their employees with workers compensation insurance. The ever changing and challenging landscape of Orlando workers compensation insurance makes finding a plan that’s right for you, your company and your employees a challenge.
Understand Coverage Options
Most policies are available in two parts, employer’s liability and workers compensation. Employer’s liability insures the employer against common law injury claims. Workers compensation insurance typically covers:
- Permanent disability
- Incurred medical expenses
- Lost wages because of inability to work
Find a Specialist
A specialist in Orlando workers compensation insurance is invaluable. Agents or brokers with knowledge of the jurisdiction where you work and the requirements required of your business can help you get the best plan. Some other ways they can help you include:
- Educate on the best policies for your particular business
- Help implement workplace safety controls in your business
- Find ways to lower insurance premiums
- Keep you in compliance with OSHA and Florida regulations
- Review the policy on an annual basis
Implementing a safety plan can help mitigate the chance of worker’s being injured on the job and your risk for a claim. Finding the right Orlando workers compensation insurance doesn’t have to be a daunting task. The right agent or broker is an invaluable tool.